María Reyes, MD
Board Certified Specialist in internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Dr. Reyes is a native of Mexico, where she attended medical school at La Salle University graduating in 2008. She did her Internal medicine residency in ABC Medical Center (American British Cowdray) and infectious diseases residency in National Institute of Nutrition and Medical Sciences Salvador Zubiran, in Mexico City graduating in 2016. During this period, she participated in hospitals boards for the control of infectious diseases and antibiotic stewardship. Maria is proficient in English and Spanish.
• After residencies, Dr. Reyes became an attending physician for infectious diseases in ABC Medical Center and, since 2018 in 2 of the main Hospitals in the city of Queretaro, Mexico. She has also worked for the National Center of AIDS and HIV care as part of the antiretroviral treatment committee.
• Dr. Reyes also managed a vaccine and traveler medicine center for adults and children where she conducted vaccine trials. She has also participated in clinical trials for other indications: HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, vector-borne viral diseases, tuberculosis and viral respiratory diseases; as well as indications for other areas of internal medicine.
• She is also involved in community work, reaching out to underserved communities and providing them with primary care services, public health education and vaccination campaigns. Maria continues her research in Neglected Tropical (NTD’s) and infectious diseases in rural areas of Mexico.
• She is currently leading the response as an advisor to COVID-19 within PanAmerican. Maria also serves as the Principal Investigator for clinical trials in Vaccines and Therapeutics for Covid-19. Dr. Reyes has enrolled over 2000 subjects in COVID -19 Vaccine trials in Adults and Pediatrics. In addition she has been the PI for RSV and Norovirus in Pediatrics.
• Dr. Reyes is a full time staff with Panamerican Clinical Research since 2017. She is the Medical Director for Latin America and is dedicated to conducting clinical trials in Infectious Disease.